I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I got beer. And I drink it too. Hell, I brew it. In fact, I'm drinking some right now. Umm hmm. :pipe:

What"s up late nighters? My late nights are filled with sleep here lately. But for those of you who are about to rock....we solute you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody tea-bag your hops bag during boil?

Nothing strange... Just tea-baggin'... It's cool, alright?

:-|

Good evening late niters! Hope all is well. Finally getting some cooler days down here, low 80's but dry and cooler evenings. Rain came through yesterday and the cool weather followed. Starting to feel like fall.

Speaking of the 80's, anyone a fan of XTC? I wore out this album (Skylarking) in the 80's, but I gotta say that every time I listen to it I can't imagine why these guys weren't bigger. Their song Dear God was, by far, their most commercial, and I love it, but the whole album was just groundbreaking (for me!). I love the imagery of the lyrics.

For your late nite soundtrack, XTC and Ballet For a Rainy Day, followed by 1000 Umbrellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know what setting I need to change on my iPhone to watch the YouTube videos posted here ? Even the ones I post don't work when I go back to them. A message comes up saying they need to be opened in YouTube and it gives a link. The link doesn't even work.

????

Sorry Dan my apple expert (wife) does not understand your question...This is likely because I've had a few and she can't understand me. Also, I cannot hear very well when shoes are being thrown at me....my research, drinking, and ducking will continue.

Sorry Dan my apple expert (wife) does not understand your question...This is likely because I've had a few and she can't understand me. Also, I cannot hear very well when shoes are being thrown at me....my research, drinking, and ducking will continue.

Stay safe my friend!

He!!, I'm not even sure of my question makes sense. LYM. :)

I gotta admit, it's hard watching any video from the 80's. The music wasn't (that) bad, but man o man the people... what was going on then?

I was looking through an old photo album a few years back. Me at the World Fair in Tokyo. I think it was 1985. A picture of myself and my Japanese girlfriend at the time , Hirono. I was wearing khaki shorts so freaking short it was crazy and a shirt that stopped mid-stomach. Sounds so wrong now but was the norm then. Crazy ah!t

Wow, Dan. You should've just said you had a mullet.

I was into the acid wash and big black boots with spiked hair look. Sometimes the preppy look. Then I settled into the cargo pants scene. That one kinda stuck.

I never had a mullet because I was in the navy back then. But my younger brother did and I was jealous!!! Hahaha.

I had a tail (the blond one; the brunette was my girlfriend's). Every class that any girl sat behind me, she would braid and upbraid it all class long. I couldn't careless if it looked stupid. Best haircut ever.

20141017_175837.jpg

Cheers !

I've been on HBT a little around four years. During that time I've started some good threads. I've put my heart on my sleeve.

A few years back my life was turned upside down. If you 're a riddle thread fan you might remember a post I wrote around autumn 2012.

Trust me, I have bull**** in my past. It's pretty tough to get over sometimes.

I'm truly just who you see me as. Those of you who have gotten to know me.

I'm a good dad , a mediocre husband , and a pretty good guy.

I'm truly not perfect by any standard

Dan - out
:)
See you tomorrow

Cheers Dudes!

I now have a book with a recipe for onion and potato wine. :drunk: I mean, I've brewed with fruit, nuts and peppers. Candy and spices, too. But vegetables like this? Even I never thought of fermenting vegetable stew. Maybe I'll just throw a handful of yeast in my refrigerator and check it in 30 days.

I now have a book with a recipe for onion and potato wine. :drunk: I mean, I've brewed with fruit, nuts and peppers. Candy and spices, too. But vegetables like this? Even I never thought of fermenting vegetable stew. Maybe I'll just throw a handful of yeast in my refrigerator and check it in 30 days.

Too much conversation, not enough action. Make it! I'm making cheese with onions at this very moment!

Hey all. Crazy work lately! I think I have resigned to put off my fall projects until spring, unless we have some decent weekends left that I'm not working. I have to get some firewood and do a few things in the brewshop so I can finish my upgrade this winter. I have never had so many directions to go before. I like it and it stresses the hell out of me at the same time. A few beers at night seems to help;) Cheers friends.

Hope you're all in dreamsville now.

For your late late nite soundtrack, Stacey Kent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyuwC7DEmUw

Pappy. Man! I love that videography beginning to end - it's profound and perfect. Stacy Kent (I'm guessing she is the girl singing ). Beautiful,,soul inspiring , sexy voice. Perfect choice PP. :). Thanks for posting that one brother.

I'm glad my phone is back to its normal self and playing YouTube videos again. :)

I really like that song LRB. Never heard it before. Cheers my brother !

Hey all. Crazy work lately! I think I have resigned to put off my fall projects until spring, unless we have some decent weekends left that I'm not working. I have to get some firewood and do a few things in the brewshop so I can finish my upgrade this winter. I have never had so many directions to go before. I like it and it stresses the hell out of me at the same time. A few beers at night seems to help;) Cheers friends.

Ischiavo, Your cup runneth over. Drink it all in!!

Cheers and congrats to you my brother!

Gentlemen,

It's a fine evening. Hope all is well on the HBT forum tonight.

So, I've decided I want to make my own labels... and therefore need a "homebrewery" name! I've read multiple posts from a handful of threads, but I like this thread the most and respect all of your opinions. So, how did you come across your brewery/beer names!?

The name has to be personal to you. The brewery is yours, made by you, the beer is brewed by you and you get the right to name it any thing YOU want.

I occasionally still call my 3 grown up kids by their childhood nicknames. Doods, Bean, Meggymoo. Each name came about in different ways and now 20 some years later are still dear

Don't stress coming up with a perfect brewery name. Once you do decide on one make it your own and treat dearly with love, respect, and pride.

If that's makes any sense. :)

Cheers!

Ps. I wasn't going to say but I named my brewery "Lakewood Brewery - 93230". Named after the street my home was on for years and the town's zip code. I've since moved to a different state and sold my brewery.

Replacement gear has been put on hold but when I rebuild and start again my brewery name will be the same. It's mine. :)

L

Personal letters are "old school"

I miss that because my hand was never as fast as my thoughts and when on occasion it was and I made an error; an eraser fixed that , or white out too.

These days everything is recorded and instantly available.

Suppossed to be helping a friend learn to brew today. We agreed on a start time of 10am. It is now 10:30am here. Guess he wasn't really that interested.

But you are interested in brewing and that has become part of who you are. I could give a few off hand reason's why your friend didn't show up. I can't speak for everybody but my two cents is

Latest posts

Back