I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that sucks. I have to say I am kind of happy with my DMV. They have 3 people working there and I have never seen a line there. Laid back group of people who really want to help you work through things.

I have a question for all of you tech savvy folks. I am thinking I am going to cancel the dish for tv. 100 bucks a month for a few good stations and tons of crap just seems like a waste to me. Is there a internet option for tv that resembles channels of tv? Meaning if I like tv shows of a nature genre can I go somewhere and turn it on and watch nature shows.

Sad thing is I pretty much just like the background bit more than anything. I find it hard to sleep with out it :mad:

I have a question for all of you tech savvy folks. I am thinking I am going to cancel the dish for tv. 100 bucks a month for a few good stations and tons of crap just seems like a waste to me. Is there a internet option for tv that resembles channels of tv? Meaning if I like tv shows of a nature genre can I go somewhere and turn it on and watch nature shows.

Sad thing is I pretty much just like the background bit more than anything. I find it hard to sleep with out it :mad:

Not exactly a direct answer, but I see that people cancel Dish then add a ROKU box and stream to there tv. There are lots of channels on ROKU.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/good-roku-streaming-376098/

Man that sucks. I have to say I am kind of happy with my DMV. They have 3 people working there and I have never seen a line there. Laid back group of people who really want to help you work through things.

I miss the satellite DMVs in Hawaii, they were a lot like you mention. I don't think I've ever been to the DMV here where there weren't 40-50 people waiting. Appointments do help. I've got to admit the folks that work there are usually helpful and very polite especially given the large volume of people they deal with each day. Trying to get hold of them on the phone is a lesson in patience.

We have AppleTV which I think is similar with what LRB mentioned. Not sure if they have any nature channels but then again I've never checked. I'll try to remember to look tonight when I get home.

We cancelled our U-Verse and are getting a Roku.

Dan,
I had the same issue with my license when I needed a replacement and it ended up coming shortly after. The waiting period is the maximum time from what the DMV lady told me. It literally came 2 days after I went in and told then how stupid it was.

When I moved to Idaho and went to the DMV, I thought I was in the wrong place. No lines and the people working there were nice. So strange.

Sorry Dan... My eldest son is brilliant, like genius level. When he was 8 he developed a spring made out of paper that compressed without any lateral growth(it did a little, but it was bizarre that he even thought that he needed to design something like that). Dinner time conversation involves discussing what it would be like to be a red blood cell, whether I would rather live in a safe but restricted world vs a free yet chaotic world, and how small business can compete with Walmart and still make a profit. He just turned 12 a couple weeks ago. He makes me proud as hell, and gets perfect grades without trying. In his words, he works "just exactly hard enough to make sure he gets an A". Yeah, he's kinda lazy. He has trouble focusing on the more mundane things in life, and I have to constantly keep on his ass to keep disciplined. I'm trying to train him now to just do those little things and get them out of the way, and it's a constant struggle. This is him wearing some fake eye glasses.

image-11779862.jpg

I don't care either cause I actually don't much care for ice cream. How much cholesterol?
20mg per 1/2 cup serving.

Erm, I work for Dish. I'm not allowed to answer this...:cross:

Cholesterol intake from food has very little bearing on cholesterol levels in your body.

Well I think I ought to bottle tonight since I will not have a chance to for a bit. Trying to get as much ice as I can to keep my beer cold up there which in a way is kind of silly since it snowed up there the other day. Oh well I am still going and taking a ton of ice

I remember once when I was young (1920's) I came home slightly stoned, went to bed, and put the radio and my headphones on, and heard the following song. It blew my mind. Now, it's not so epic, but still a treat on headphones.

For your late nite soundtrack, Billy Thorpe..

Last edited by a moderator:
Cholesterol intake from food has very little bearing on cholesterol levels in your body.
Ok. Besides fiber binding to the digestive salts providing some place for the cholesterol to go, what are the major determining factors?

I know it came out fairly low fat, but that's because I find the greasy texture in high fat ice creams to be disgusting.

It is interesting to note that it set up like a fudge bar, not like ice cream. It didn't freeze hard. Probably, the corn starch bound up a lot of the water. That, and the fairly large amount of sugar, probably dropped the freezing point of the remaining liquid a great deal. It's good, and I'll remember this for making fudge bars, but that wasn't what I was going for. No overrun in it at all.

Next time I'll omit the corn starch completely and see what that does.

I remember once when I was young (1920's) I came home slightly stoned, went to bed, and put the radio and my headphones on, and heard the following song. It blew my mind. Now, it's not so epic, but still a treat on headphones.

For your late nite soundtrack, Billy Thorpe..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAR07ezBts

Wow, hadn't heard that since 1985 I couldn't believe how much of the lyrics had stayed with me.

Ilike the Dean Martin song better than the Sinatra

My brony son-in-law to be really likes the crooner music, and is pretty good. I hope he finds an outlet for that type of music, and persues it.

I like them both equally.

I'm also a huge crooner fan. Crooner music always reminds me of bugs bunny and looneytunes cartoons. I always enjoyed the ones that did parodies of the great crooner hits when I was a child.

Leadgolem said:
I've been meaning to ask, has that situation remain stable? It seemed inherently explosive to me.

Feel free to ignore me if you would rather not discuss it.

Seems to be still in the works. The other wife visited a couple weeks ago, and I think there was some disagreement about table centerpieces. Other wife wanted live fish in bowls, but really, who the heck wants to take home a fish from a wedding? :drunk:

Seems to be still in the works. The other wife visited a couple weeks ago, and I think there was some disagreement about table centerpieces. Other wife wanted live fish in bowls, but really, who the heck wants to take home a fish from a wedding? :drunk:
I've always wondered what people do with those after the fancy parties? It seems cruel to just flush them....

Because I'm in odd mood tonight.

So far my daughter seems to be on board. I just feel that at some point she'll find that it's not the optimal situation. I've explained that to her and she's filed it away as old fuddy-duddy, don't understand babble.
As long as children don't enter the equation, I'll just be here if needed. She's a grown woman in charge of her own life; there's no need for me to alienate myself from her because I wouldn't make the same choices that she has.

Que sera, sera! Ironic, isn't it? :)

So far my daughter seems to be on board. I just feel that at some point she'll find that it's not the optimal situation. I've explained that to her and she's filed it away as old fuddy-duddy, don't understand babble.
As long as children don't enter the equation, I'll just be here if needed. She's a grown woman in charge of her own life; there's no need for me to alienate myself from her because I wouldn't make the same choices that she has.

Que sera, sera! Ironic, isn't it? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I'm glad you've got a good attitude. I can tell you I've discovered that lots of the things I thought that way about I now agree with.

Okay, I've always found the 40's and '50's ladies' attire very flattering. They (on TV) always looked so nicely put together. Pumps and skirts, even doing housework. Just seems nice and very ladylike.

I'm back on the farm since Tuesday and had to go back to the doctor's today and now have to go back again on Friday. Chickens have not been cared for, they are "free-range" now. All 21 of them are still here and look healthy. They all gathered around me tweet-tweeting when I walked into the yard. Then all followed me onto the porch. They really got big. And saw my dog, he loves the chickens. Might even think he is a chicken, he goes around with them scratching at the ground, looking for food. I saw him eat a worm just so the chickens couldn't have it. Hubby is okay, but he's not eating right. But, family has gotten him to drink those Ensure nutrition drinks.

After my doctor appointment tomorrow, I may take off with another friend for the weekend. I am not sick, well, maybe mentally I am a little sick. But, just stressed out. Makes me mad when people say, "oh, you need to get help!" Well, either be the one to try and help me or shut your f*cking mouth. I'll head back to Gainesville, the city, next week. Crops are looking good and I'll be back in here in 2-3 weeks to start harvesting. I have lined up friends to help. I'll pay them so much per pound to pick, then sell at my own prices. Family can't run this farm properly without me.

Back