I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I am BORED. I really do not need to brew anything and I mean at all. I could go months without brewing I think and not put a dent in my pipeline. It is raining so I cannot work outside either.

I got one of those 150 in one electronic deals for my kid years ago. Maybe I will pull it out and play around with it

Don't ever let it be said that I wont help out a fellow brewer in need. If you send me some of your beer, it will clear up space for you to make more.

You're welcome.

Oh heck can we park a semi there :drunk:

I am getting messed up on my brewing schedule. I have been getting tons of empty bottles given to me so I am thinking I am behind on my brewing because I have empty bottles yet have never had a pipe line so full.

And to add to it I am getting another ten cases of empties before long. Pretty soon I can brew once and have a years supply:cross:

Dan said:
An innocent Mickey Mouse... crap.. I feel a song coming on. M I C - K E Y! M-O-U-S-E.

Mickey Mouse!

Donald Duck!

Sorry. I got over that.

Opus, that is a heart rendering photo you posted there. Death and destruction and among it the innocent doll of a child's dreams. The world is a pretty effed up place... Very sad indeed. There isn't much to do about it other than make life good for yours and those you care about. There is always some A-hole who wants to take it away.

RIP, Annette Funicello.

slide-cheese-grater.jpg

Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, died today also. She was famous in England for her deft handling of the Falkland Island crisis. Reagan and she were buds I think.

Ah, yes, hubby mentioned this and also said she was friends with Reagan. RIP.

brewingmeister,

I should probably leave sleeping dogs alone, but I think I'm going to agree with Leadgolem and say I also didn't find an issue with Dan's post. I've always had the healthy skepticism that Dan describes, but the IW class help me look for the real message behind those images after I've had that emotional response. There was also a couple good chapters on the use of propaganda. I had Professor Dwight Haworth (http://www.isqa.unomaha.edu/f-haworth.htm). Good guy, lots of cold war history and stories. If I find the syballus in my archive, I will send it to you.

Dan,

"What you going to do with all that education Opus?"

Not sure what I want to do when I grow up. :) While my posts don't always show it, my writing has drastically improved. I really like Infrastructure Protection. I was fortunate enough to get invited to a midwest infrastructure protection conference in March and it was pretty cool. The opening presentation was by Andrea LeStarge who was in the middle (Fusion Center) of the Occupy Madison (Wisconsin) protests. She plays some videos of the protesters with the chanting music and the crowd starts tapping their feet. She gives a great timeline of the events that ends up with her management team asking her if the rotunda balconies can handle 8-10K protesters all jumping up and down at the same time. Wow, how do you answer that question.

Computer Forensics this semester means cool tools and more writing.

Hey Dan!

I said I'd show you a photo of my new keezer. Here it is. This is the official photo that I'm going to post in the "keezer thread"...

I like it. I am a old cabinet maker and have built all kinds of furniture in my life. For me the simple layout and contrasting colors make it a very nice piece.:mug:

Mike that is beautiful! Great job!
Thanks Buddy!

I like it. I am a old cabinet maker and have built all kinds of furniture in my life. For me the simple layout and contrasting colors make it a very nice piece.:mug:

Thanks a lot! Simple straight lines and square corners with lots of color contrast seems to be my favorite style these days. I could have done all kinds of router work, shaping, and raised panel stuff, but I opted for this instead. I'm glad I did...

Speaking of nice pieces, hubby brought me a beautiful gift tonight. Remember that rusty bottle capper I found? Well, he restored it for me now it's painted a nice red and works like it's brand new. Rust is all gone. It's a beauty and I can't wait to get a picture tomorrow in the daylight. You can even read the manufacturer name on it now, "Climax". I love it!!!

Speaking of nice pieces, hubby brought me a beautiful gift tonight. Remember that rusty bottle capper I found? Well, he restored it for me now it's painted a nice red and works like it's brand new. Rust is all gone. It's a beauty and I can't wait to get a picture tomorrow in the daylight. You can even read the manufacturer name on it now, "Climax". I love it!!!

Sweet man. Now you get to use it :ban:

Hehe and because I like old stuff I cannot wait to see it

Gonna find the old picture tonight so I can show a side-by-side comparison. Tempted to get a picture tonight of the restore, but it'll look so much better in the daylight. I was out on the porch playing with it, moving it up and down through the notches, pulling down on the bar, just lovingly looking at it, I caught him out of the corner of my eye smiling.

He used to always be like this, before he got sick, all I had to do was mention one time there was something I wanted, and boom! He made it happen. Even my shed, I said I needed more room, he helped me build a shed that will be here long after the old house is gone. And even my room, I wanted new floors, new walls, new ceiling, new lights and ceiling fan, I got it. This bottle capper, restored, truly is a precious gift I won't forget. I don't ask for much nowadays.

I love it when you can take some old piece of "junk" and give it new life like that.

We had to wait for rain to stop and it did, dried up and this Wednesday help will be here to put on the new roof. By this weekend it should be finished, then replacing insulation and new ceiling in spots. I might go stay with a friend and hubby may go stay with family while it's getting done. We don't agree on a place to go stay. But, probably he will stay with family one day, then be staying with me at a friends house after that. I love mom but I wouldn't want to live with her :):).

We had to wait for rain to stop and it did, dried up and this Wednesday help will be here to put on the new roof. By this weekend it should be finished, then replacing insulation and new ceiling in spots. I might go stay with a friend and hubby may go stay with family while it's getting done. We don't agree on a place to go stay. But, probably he will stay with family one day, then be staying with me at a friends house after that. I love mom but I wouldn't want to live with her :):).
Yeah. My mother lives with me now. It's not the easiest thing to deal with. Gods bless the dear women.

It's Monday!

Monday's always seem to induce the need for drunkenness with me. Drinking homebrew. Started with my 10 month old White Pepper Rye Saison, then a great IPA from a trade I did with a friend on this forum. Now I'm drinking an IPA I brewed with Conan yeast called "Crom".

Man... I gotta tell ya!

I love homebrewed IPA's. So fresh and tasty!

That's all. Carry on my friends!

:drunk:

Stauffbier said:
Hey Dan!

I said I'd show you a photo of my new keezer. Here it is. This is the official photo that I'm going to post in the "keezer thread"...

Wow man! That looks spectacular!

It's Monday!

Monday's always seem to induce the need for drunkenness with me. Drinking homebrew. Started with my 10 month old White Pepper Rye Saison, then a great IPA from a trade I did with a friend on this forum. Now I'm drinking an IPA I brewed with Conan yeast called "Crom".

Man... I gotta tell ya!

I love homebrewed IPA's. So fresh and tasty!

That's all. Carry on my friends!

:drunk:
Started with some tequila, mandarin oranges, and tonic water. Now I'm drinking my own overly sweet concord wine. Not sure why I'm drinking this, other then it's in the bottling bucket already. I've got much better... Hmm. Maybe I'll switch to rice wine. It would be novel to drink more then a taste of it.

Leadgolem said:
Started with some tequila, mandarin oranges, and tonic water. Now I'm drinking my own overly sweet concord wine. Not sure why I'm drinking this, other then it's in the bottling bucket already. I've got much better... Hmm. Maybe I'll switch to rice wine. It would be novel to drink more then a taste of it.

The other night I drank two full wine glasses of it. It gave me a peculiar, "giggley" buzz, the way champagne is supposed to (but doesn't for me). Anyway, I made a real ass out of myself and the wife became agitated. Gotta make more!

The other night I drank two full wine glasses of it. It gave me a peculiar, "giggley" buzz, the way champagne is supposed to (but doesn't for me). Anyway, I made a real ass out of myself and the wife became agitated. Gotta make more!
Oh, I've got more in the pipeline. Those experimental batches usually yield something. Once I'm all dialed in, I've got a 2 gallon glass beverage dispenser that should be perfect for this stuff.:tank:

I did actually switch to the rice wine. Yummy stuff.

Wow man! That looks spectacular!
Thanks a lot my friend!

Man! If I ever say the words "I started with Tequila" , then just go ahead and start looking for me in jails, hospitals, or morgues about an hour later!

I haven't touched that stuff in about 10 years, as it invokes a major Jeckyl/Hyde type scenario for me.

...Man! If I ever say the words "I started with Tequila" , then just go ahead and start looking for me in jails, hospitals, or morgues about an hour later!

I haven't touched that stuff in about 10 years, as it invokes a major Jeckyl/Hyde type scenario for me.
Really, interesting. It was in a mix drink. I find I don't enjoy shots anymore. Not of anything. That's odd, a couple years ago I would drink rum straight up. No ice, nothing. I'd shoot pretty much anything but vodka. Not that I couldn't drink the vodka, just didn't see the point of it.

Really, interesting. It was in a mix drink. I find I don't enjoy shots anymore. Not of anything. That's odd, a couple years ago I would drink rum straight up. No ice, nothing. I'd shoot pretty much anything but vodka. Not that I couldn't drink the vodka, just didn't see the point of it.

I can only drink bourbon or scotch straight up, and that has to be slow and easy. Not that I can't slam shots, it's just that I don't do "filthy stinkin' drunk" very well anymore these days. Slamming shots will take me there fast! I do like mixed drinks, but I haven't had anything with tequila in it in a long time. I used to like Sunrise's when I was younger.

I can only drink bourbon or scotch straight up, and that has to be slow and easy. Not that I can't slam shots, it's just that I don't do "filthy stinkin' drunk" very well anymore these days. Slamming shots will take me there fast! I do like mixed drinks, but I haven't had anything with tequila in it in a long time. I used to like Sunrise's when I was younger.
Hmm, that sounds good. I've had my fair share of screwdrivers. I usually make the mandarin orange thing with vodka or everclear, but I'm out of both. Patron Silver gives it a nice buttery flavor.

Hmm, that sounds good. I've had my fair share of screwdrivers. I usually make the mandarin orange thing with vodka or everclear, but I'm out of both. Patron Silver gives it a nice buttery flavor.

Perhaps I should re-visit tequila, since I'm a more responsible drinker at this point in life.

Perhaps I should re-visit tequila, since I'm a more responsible drinker at this point in life.
I used to have lots of hard liquor in my home. I was drinking way to much then though. I got rid of everything for a few months while I got things back under control. Now I'm not really tempted no matter how much liquor I've got in the house. So I'm building up a decent liquor cabinet so I can drink whatever I want on the rare occasion I do want some hard liquor. I don't think I really had the palette to appreciate good liquor when I was younger anyway.

I used to have lots of hard liquor in my home. I was drinking way to much then though. I got rid of everything for a few months while I got things back under control. Now I'm not really tempted no matter how much liquor I've got in the house. So I'm building up a decent liquor cabinet so I can drink whatever I want on the rare occasion I do want some hard liquor. I don't think I really had the palette to appreciate good liquor when I was younger anyway.

I can relate. I used to be the type that if I bought a bottle I finished it in one weekend. Now I tend to take months to finish a bottle. All thanks to discovering craft beer. I only drank whiskey and wouldn't touch beer with a ten foot pole for about 15 years. Now I love beer. Go figure....

I was going through two handles a week. I've got a fairly high alcohol tolerance, but that was still way to much. Now I go through a normal bottle in about 2 months. Sometimes it takes even longer.

I noticed earlier this week that I have accumulated a few bottles of various liquor in my cabinet as well, which has never been the norm (gone in a single weekend sounds abut right). I'm happy that my tempo has slowed and I can enjoy these things at a civilized pace...

Back