I know , ( First All Grain) Again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo2569

Reaction score
Siked about my first all grain. Just had to share with somebody besides SWIMBO, ( in one ear out the other). Bought a Boyou Classic and lovin it. SWIMBO doesn't complain about smell with me outside now. Mashed 11.75 lbs at 152 and batch spathes at 171. Boiling as usual now, but I can already tell, I don't think I'll ever do anything else besides All-Grain. Just wanted to thank everybody for all your help along the way.
One question, this recipe almost over-flowed my mash tun, Are most All-Grain batches going to top out my 5 Gal mash Tun?

I suggest a 10g mash tun, especially if you plan to brew big beers. Otherwise, just go with a smaller water to grain ratio and be fine.

All grain is awesome, and lots of fun! I originally thought "I can make good beer with extract, why the hell do I want to go AG?" but I now absolutely love it. Makes me feel like I am fully creating the beer.

Im in the same boat with the 5 gallon cooler, but since my favorite 3 are Stouts, Porters, and APA's im usually okay. Until you get the 10 you can always add DME as well. I'm planning on a 10 gal pretty soon here since im going to be building a RIMS here soon. Oh and yes I hear you on speaking with SWMBO about brewing, she could care less but will listen cause she's supportive.

Latest posts

Back