i have some leftovers, what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
I have .25 lb of black malt .5 lb of vienna malt and a .5 lb of carapils. No hops and no beer yeast (I have champ yeast for soda) I'm willing to buy some dme and hops and yeast I just don't want to have left overs any more. The black malt is geting up there and I don't wanna waste it. What could I make with that. I would think some kind of stout.

I'm not for wasting, but that's like $2 worth of malt, total. I'd rather throw it out and brew what I wanted than save a buck and make something I didn't enjoy.

Mutt Brown Ale is my favorite - throw in whatever leftover malt and hops you have laying around and see what happens.

I've never ever had a bad beer out of this.

aside from what chicagobrew says, i was just going to suggest a simple brown ale. easy to make and you already have the steepers that you needm right?

I like this mutt brown idea. I have some brown sugar to fill out the og. If I buy 3 lbs of dme, some hops and yeast. It would bring me to about 1.050 or so. Ill do it! I've got an open fermenter.

Back