I get to brew for my wedding!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
Expecting ~75 attendees.

I've got 6 months to brew, I'm thinking I'll need 8 kegs.

2 for welcome reception
1 for rehearsal dinner

5 for reception

I'm pretty pumped, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Ive read some threads about this, but if anyone who has done this has any advice, I am all ears.

I did this for my recent wedding in October. For roughly 50 guests, of which around 25 would be drinkers, I made 3 batches (6 cases). Pale, brown, and cream ales. They all got rave reviews but the PA was the only one finished off and I had a few of the others left over (not that I minded).

The big help for me was to go over the guest list and really think about how many people would be drinking beer. There were some who would be designated drivers, kids, wine drinkers, and then a few who might have none or just one or two. Then some who would have 5 or 6 over the course of the day. Really depends on the kind of crew you'll have--but for me it wasn't the total number of guests that mattered, but the number (and type) of beer drinkers. Sounds obvious now, but it didn't hit me right away. And 6 cases was plenty for my situation.

Of course it's always better to have more than enough.

True. And since you have six months, start now with any higher gravity brews you'd like to do so that they will be in their prime come wedding time, and save smaller OG batches, or fresh IPAs till closer to the date.

I'm keeping the gravities reasonable 1040's and 1050's for the most part. I'll likely brew one IPA in the 60's or low 70's.

Im going to start with a lager(maybe a marzen) and a kolsch. I'll have my american wheat, pale ale, and IPA to brew the month before. I'll brew a milk stout and saison somewhere in the middle.

I would LOVE to brew for my wedding in April, but I live in NC and the wedding is in TX. I supposed I could bottle and ship cases, but that would be pretty expensive I think. Congrats on the wedding!

Congrats!
(better make one or two more kegs for the bachelor party, too!)

Latest posts

Back