I decided to brew this morning because it's supposed to rain tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkevinb

Reaction score
BrewingInTheRain.jpg

I started about 7 am. I had just finished doughing in and wrapping the kettle when it started to sprinkle. I figured it was just the marine layer, but it drizzled most of the day. I moved the patio umbrella over to cover the kettle and soldiered on. 5 gallons of Irish Red Ale is now safe in the fermenter.

Rain, you're lucky. Our forecast for today is a high of 9°F. Tomorrow it will be warm, high of 13°F. These are really warm temperatures compared to the last week.

I tried brewing in my garage for the first time because of suspected rain. I had no idea what I was missing all of these years. The burner keeps the place nice and warm, steady flow on the propane flame, and I could brew through a hurricane. If you have a garage I suggest trying it out. I like the umbrella though...that's a nice touch. :mug:

ahhh brewing in the elements. does it get any better? hopefully you weren't "thirsty in the rain."

I'm certainly not going to complain about rain. We need all we can get. It wasn't very heavy, a drizzle at most, and it wasn't particularly cold, in the high 60's. It just caught me by surprise.

Back