How's this recipe look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
Due to some last minute changes( and poor planning), I've had to change my recipe for this weekend's brew. I threw this recipe together. Does this sound OK?, and what exactly is it, an American wheat?

4# M.O.
4# Wheat
8 oz Vienna
8 oz Crystal 20
8 oz Flaked wheat
8 oz Caravienne

2 oz Tettnang(3.2% AA) @60

Mash @ 154
Rack onto S-05 cake

Due to some last minute changes( and poor planning), I've had to change my recipe for this weekend's brew. I threw this recipe together. Does this sound OK?, and what exactly is it, an American wheat?

4# M.O.
4# Wheat
8 oz Vienna
8 oz Crystal 20
8 oz Flaked wheat
8 oz Caravienne

2 oz Tettnang(3.2% AA) @60

Mash @ 154
Rack onto S-05 cake

A european Wheat!:D
malt forward with higher temps and MO UK
belgian with the caravienne
vienna and tettnang is german
france produces the most wheat of european countries if you dont count russia
the S-05 is UK based

I ended up using the wyeast 3944. My question now is, should I let this beer drop bright or should it be cloudy? I'm not 100% certain of the style, so I'm looking for advice.

BJCP is your friend if you're unsure about a style.

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style16.php

I agree with that, however, I am quite unsure about what style it was that I brewed(see earlier posts), so I just wondered what would be a better choice...clear or cloudy? I understand wits should be cloudy, just not sure its a wit that got brewed, that's all.

I don't think you're really within any BJCP style so just do it however you'll prefer it, clear or cloudy. Since Wits and Hefeweizens are cloudy because of the yeast; with S-05 I'd just go clear.

Back