Howdy from Tomball, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerico

Reaction score
I have been brewing off and on for about 15 years. I just recently gotten back into it I am ready to go all out. I have mainly done only extract brewing but I am keen to get started on all grain. I have been looking at getting all of the equipment to get started in it till I ran across BIAB. I think that is what I am going to try as my first all grain setup and see how it goes.

Where's Tomball? I'm near Rockport, on the coast, for a short while longer before heading back up north.

I've enjoyed finding Texas beers that aren't available in my home area, and hopefully next year can visit a few breweries. I went to Shiner last week, and had fun there sampling the different Shiner beers, but I know that there are ton more around!

Welcome. I work im Tomball and live down there steet. I BIAB all grain and love it. Its cheaper that buying pumps/kegs/various tubing and i'm happy with all my beers. Getting better as i do it.

Touring Tx breweries is my saturday past time. I'm trying to hit them all but more and more are popping up which is alway a good thing. I've been to shiner and had fun, been to all the houston except a few because they do not have tours yet/ just opened up.

Again Welcome and maybe we can meet up for a brew day sometime

Where's Tomball? I'm near Rockport, on the coast, for a short while longer before heading back up north.

I've enjoyed finding Texas beers that aren't available in my home area, and hopefully next year can visit a few breweries. I went to Shiner last week, and had fun there sampling the different Shiner beers, but I know that there are ton more around!

Tomball is northwest on the outskirts of Houston. If you have not had any of the Karbach beers I highly recommend them, they are a local Houston Brewery on the Northwest side of town near 290 and the 610 Loop. A few of the local bars are carrying their stuff on tap now.

Welcome. I work im Tomball and live down there steet. I BIAB all grain and love it. Its cheaper that buying pumps/kegs/various tubing and i'm happy with all my beers. Getting better as i do it.

Touring Tx breweries is my saturday past time. I'm trying to hit them all but more and more are popping up which is alway a good thing. I've been to shiner and had fun, been to all the houston except a few because they do not have tours yet/ just opened up.

Again Welcome and maybe we can meet up for a brew day sometime

Yeah, BAIB does sounds a lot easier and less clean up. I have been trying to talk my neighbor/brew buddy into it but he wants to go full on.
So now as I sit off shore I have been going nuts and have almost ordered everything to build a single tier 3 station brew stand. I need to pick up a MLT yet and buy the frame work to build the stand as well as a few other bits and bobs.

Awesome Chemist, I would be down for a tour of the Karbach Brewery, I know that they recently opened up tours. I want to go check out Southern Star as well just haven't had the time yet.

Tomball is northwest on the outskirts of Houston. If you have not had any of the Karbach beers I highly recommend them, they are a local Houston Brewery on the Northwest side of town near 290 and the 610 Loop. A few of the local bars are carrying their stuff on tap now.

Yeah, BAIB does sounds a lot easier and less clean up. I have been trying to talk my neighbor/brew buddy into it but he wants to go full on.
So now as I sit off shore I have been going nuts and have almost ordered everything to build a single tier 3 station brew stand. I need to pick up a MLT yet and buy the frame work to build the stand as well as a few other bits and bobs.

Awesome Chemist, I would be down for a tour of the Karbach Brewery, I know that they recently opened up tours. I want to go check out Southern Star as well just haven't had the time yet.

Definitely. Let me know when your availible we can meet over there. Karbach is a fun tour, i visited them when they just open and now they just exploded. triple the amount of fermenters. Southern star is great too and also its free. Just bring a southern star pint glass and they fill it for free. awesome deal

Latest posts

Back