Howdy from The Woodlands, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmisiewicz

Reaction score
Howdy,

I just got the beginning of my dream gift for Christmas, complete home brew set up! I have learned a ton from reading this site as well as many other books. I look forward to culturing my own yeast, because I did tons of this stuff in graduate school while getting my masters in biology. I took a fermentation science class in graduate school and was hooked from there, though little of it had to do with simple batch fermentation for brewing. (Mostly focused on secondary products of fermentation with all sorts of bugs besides yeast). Enough of that crap. I am here to brew some fine beer. Since my climate is less than predictable and usually higher than the needed temperatures for brewing fermentation, I know I need to build a fermentation chiller. I will have that done soon building one similar to Tomcat's with a mini-fridge set up.

Thanks for starting this site!

John

Howdy,

I just got the beginning of my dream gift for Christmas, complete home brew set up! I have learned a ton from reading this site as well as many other books. I look forward to culturing my own yeast, because I did tons of this stuff in graduate school while getting my masters in biology. I took a fermentation science class in graduate school and was hooked from there, though little of it had to do with simple batch fermentation for brewing. (Mostly focused on secondary products of fermentation with all sorts of bugs besides yeast). Enough of that crap. I am here to brew some fine beer. Since my climate is less than predictable and usually higher than the needed temperatures for brewing fermentation, I know I need to build a fermentation chiller. I will have that done soon building one similar to Tomcat's with a mini-fridge set up.

Thanks for starting this site!

John

Hey, dude. That's freakin' cool, and a BIG welcome to HBT! :)

Latest posts

Back