Howdy from Reno

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I signed up here a few years ago, but it's been even longer since I brewed. I don't even want to say how long its been! Could be almost a decade...

But I made the plunge today and went and bought a sack of grain, some hops, some yeast, and pulled all of my old equipment out of storage.

Over the next week, I'm planning on building a rack of some sort to support all this equipment and hopefully get a batch going next weekend!

Wish me luck!

Welcome back to brewing, and good luck! I'm sure your beer will turn out.

Even though you were brewing long before many of us here, I hope some of us will be able to help you out.

Thanks KB!

Walking through the steps in my head. Bought a 15 gallon Plastic Conical today. Sorting through all the old gear and going to clean it up and make sure everything works. Should be a lot of fun!

I did 5 gallon batches for quite a while, but realized I like the output too much, and that the input for 10 wasn't all that more!

So, figuring that now it makes sense if I can brew a 10 gallon batch, there's no reason not to ferment it in 10 gallons instead of 2 5 gallon carboys.

I'm going to contact the local homebrew club and donate some of the equipment (carboys, buckets) that I don't intend to use anymore.

Latest posts

Back