How to steep in a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanTheTerribrew

Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to ask you peeps here in HBT a question:

I read a lot about people dry hopping or adding other stuff to a corny keg by putting it in a nylon bag/cloth bag and weighing it down with sanitized marbles.

I recently got a recipe that calls for doing that same thing with flaked coconuts. I want to do this but I'm just picturing it in my head that if I did put that in it would roll to the bottom right where the dip tube draws beer out and clog it.

I was thinking about trying to use a hard drive magnet or a purchased neodymium magnet and using it to clamp the bag to the side of the keg. My question is.. How would I keep this food safe? I don't think the coating on either magnet would be safe and I can't think of a good way to coat the magnet to make it safe to keep in the beer. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I wanted to ask you peeps here in HBT a question:

I read a lot about people dry hopping or adding other stuff to a corny keg by putting it in a nylon bag/cloth bag and weighing it down with sanitized marbles.

I recently got a recipe that calls for doing that same thing with flaked coconuts. I want to do this but I'm just picturing it in my head that if I did put that in it would roll to the bottom right where the dip tube draws beer out and clog it.

I was thinking about trying to use a hard drive magnet or a purchased neodymium magnet and using it to clamp the bag to the side of the keg. My question is.. How would I keep this food safe? I don't think the coating on either magnet would be safe and I can't think of a good way to coat the magnet to make it safe to keep in the beer. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I zip tie the bag to the dip tube.

Back