How Many co2 Cartridges Needed to Dispense 5g?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
I'm taking a corny to a party on Saturday. Going to be rockin my little co2 cartridge thing to dispense it...which I just got last week. So...are 2 of the cartridges enough to dispense the whole keg? The LHBS only had 2 left...I'm sure they have more now, and I'll make the drive if I have to.

So?

Two will last a good while if you keep the curious *****ees from emptying the whole cylinder at one time when they see the trigger and go "Hey, what's this?" :D

Drink a couple quarts of beer and create some head space, then hit it with 30 PSI before you leave for the party. This will last a while before you need to use a cartridge.

Cheers,

Ed

One should be fine, but I'd take the second just incase. It really depends on how fast you dispense and how many people pull the trigger when they don't need to. I took mine to a party and won't do it again. Too many non-brewers thought they had to pull the trigger every time instead of every 3-4 beers.

I saw it recommended on here (maybe it was by Mr Wort himself up there) that you should charge the keg with it when you need to and then pocket the charger in between.

Bring as many as you can... I don't think two is enough, and there's also the ones that just shoot their entire contents out all at once because it didn't quite seal right when you first put it in the dispenser.

Safety in numbers.

And yes, I'm aware of the double entendre I've just committed.

-Steve

Thanks guys. I'll probably grab a 12 pack just in case, but pocket the gun to avoid the inevitable curious doofuses spraying half a canister when you don't need it.

right.. grams.

Evan!... man, be careful pulling that thing off the keg once the cart is pierced. I know you don't want it touched but if you disconnect the QD and hit the trigger by accident, it blows apart. If you unscrew the gun from the QD, you leak C02. Put a don't touch under penalty of death tag on it.

Back