How many batches a year do you Make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So I had a slow year as I had to move and was at training living out of a suitcase for 4 months and didnt brew beer. And last year was super busy until August when I had to deploy and didnt brew for 5 months. But I was looking at my brews and after 3 years of brewing I have only brewed 35 batches of beer. So averaging about 1/month. Kinda sad to think of only 12 different kinds of beer a year.

Anyone consider making a small 1-2 gallon setup just to do test batches so they can try lots of different beers. Just not sure what to do with the yeast as that would get expensive.

I will typically brew 1-2 times per month depending on schedule. Never really gave much thought to small batches, it still takes time to brew so why would I want to use about the same amount of time for less when I can have more:)

Besides, beer doesn't usually last that long in my house anyways...........

without a dedicated brew rig i have to put away and assemble my brewery every brewday. being the case i usually only do 1 batch a week. with a new job and house this year i hope to have dedicated brew days/weekends where i can fill a few kegs and put my feet up a bit. limitation is going to be kegs me thinks : |

I started to do yeast slants, but didnt get the right vials and they didnt seal, now im living in an apartment and short on space so not sure if gonna give it another go anytime soon

I would like to brew two batches per month, but that seldom happens. Over this two week period, though, my son and I have plotted out four brew days! Get that pipeline filled!

As for small batches, I know there are folks who enjoy that. There is a thread here dedicated to 1 gallon brewers. For me, it would take the same amount of time, which is my limiting factor, so it doesn't make sense. Although I have seriously considered doing an extract batch occasionally just to keep things going, it would cut my brewing time by more than half, I imagine.

Yeah, I have time on the weekends for the most part, for me its drinking the beer I brew quick enough, usually its just me and 1 other drinking the bulk of the beer

I haven't been buying as much beer, so lately I've been brewing every two weeks.. I lager, so it takes longer for my beers to finish..

More then I need. ThIs last year was a new continent and plenty of new beer to drink. Last year I probably brewed/drank more homebrew cause Arkansas beer selection was/is week

I brewed somewhere around 25 batches last year. I brewed about 38 batches this year. Three to four gallon batches. This year, I was trying to figure out a contamination issue, so I was brewing a lot, doing the process of elimination. Got it figured out and now I try to brew about twice a month. A fair amount of beer was dumped this year...so it seems like I brewed and drank a lot. I guess I kinda do both of those things, haha...

I only got about a dozen or so batches in this year because I didn't have good fermentation control and was sick of esters ruining my beer. I finally have that under control and have am hoping to get at least 50 batches in this year. My goal is to keep my commercial beer purchases to a minimum.

2013 was the first year I really brewed anything. I did 7-8 batches (5 gallons each). I hope to increase that number significantly in 2014.

52 weeks in a year, I (up until now) have brewed 1 batch every 2 weeks, granted they are only 2.5g (Mr Beer Keg), so 26 Batches. I just got another 2.5g LBK for Christmas, doubling production, my only limitation now is going to be bottles...

My brew buddy and I did about 30, 5.5 gallon batches in2013.

Latest posts

Back