How long to let washed yeast settle in refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aharri1

In Rembrance 6/2023
Reaction score
I washed some yeast from my primary fermenter in the carboy from an IPA with half gallon of sterile water swirled and let it sit in the carboy for about 2 hours then poured all of the liquid layer off the top into two 32 oz mason jars. I want to consolidate them just wondered how long before I can decant after refrigerating them to save for my next brew. Been in there for 12 hours now.
IMG_20181108_125439040.jpeg

You can do it at any time. The only consideration is how much yeast you want to collect. As long as the liquid is cloudy there's yeast in suspension.

If you want to do it now just pour off a little over half of the liquid from both jars and combine them.

You can do it at any time. The only consideration is how much yeast you want to collect. As long as the liquid is cloudy there's yeast in suspension.

If you want to do it now just pour off a little over half of the liquid from both jars and combine them.
Thanks a lot! This is my second time Harvesting and the first time was lager yeast and I figured out that it actually settles on the bottom instead of the top [emoji41]

Latest posts

Back