how do you clean an o2 regulator for home depot tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is necessary to clean the o2 regulator periodically? How would you go about cleaning this piece?

I've had mine for about 5 years and never cleaned the regulator or the vinyl tubing. I have once or twice cleaned the O2 stone by boiling in water for a few minutes, though.

Same here never cleaned it since i got it 3-4 years ago..thought it might be time, but probably not necessary thank you

NEVER MESS WITH AN O2 REGULATOR....... You obviously have no training, or this discussion would never be taking place.

Oxygen under high pressure is extremely dangerous. If you think you have a problem, buy a new one or send it to a professional. NEVER NEVER NEVER use any kind of lubricant. High pressure oxygen will cause an explosion when it comes into contact with any kind of oil. Just leave the regulator alone!! Everything goes together dry.
I've handled high pressure gasses all my life, and I've seen accidents, and known of others. I've seen the aftermath of people dropping bottles and snapping the valve off......... amazing destruction! The oxygen regulator I use the most, a Victor I bought in 1982, has never given a lick of trouble....36 trouble free years! It'll still be working when they plant me ;-)

H.W.

NEVER MESS WITH AN O2 REGULATOR....... You obviously have no training, or this discussion would never be taking place.

Oxygen under high pressure is extremely dangerous. If you think you have a problem, buy a new one or send it to a professional. NEVER NEVER NEVER use any kind of lubricant. High pressure oxygen will cause an explosion when it comes into contact with any kind of oil. Just leave the regulator alone!! Everything goes together dry.
I've handled high pressure gasses all my life, and I've seen accidents, and known of others. I've seen the aftermath of people dropping bottles and snapping the valve off......... amazing destruction! The oxygen regulator I use the most, a Victor I bought in 1982, has never given a lick of trouble....36 trouble free years! It'll still be working when they plant me ;-)

H.W.[/QUOTYeah

Yeah i by no means am an expert with o2 as you mentioned i know its very explosively flammable and thank you for the knowledge..i am gonna leave it be thanks.

I boil the stone and clean the tubing after every use, but never touch the regulator unless I take it off the tank

I am wondering if it is necessary to clean the o2 regulator periodically? How would you go about cleaning this piece?

Post up a pic of the one you speak of........If just the adapter tap, for a Home Depot style O2 bottle, keep it clean and dust free, with no lube....Ever.....Because you obviously have no training.....

( Psssst. Don't disturb Owly055......He's prolly busy whackin' off to to his '82 model Victor they're gonna bury him with.....;) )

Latest posts

Back