How do I hook up an IC that does not have hose attachments on both ends?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Viking

Beer Lover
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am about ready to order an IC but the only ones with hose attachments on both ends that I can find are steel and I want to get copper. How would you attach a 3/8" tube to a garden hose? I'm also curious as to why so many ICs only have a hose attachment on one end?

This is the one I was looking at Copper Immersion Wort Chiller with Vinyl Tubing (25' x 3/8").

Thanks everyone!

I’m sure I’m missing something. There’s a female hose attachment on the end of the vinyl tubing for connecting to your hose. I found this but the only review leads me to believe that the pictured cooler is different from the actual product.

Because you don't need to hook up the drain end to a hose to dump the water. Some folks just let it drain into the sink or floor drain, no additional hose necessary.

If you need to hook up another hose to cover a long distance or something, you can find the adapter at most hardware stores.

Back