How did I do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamdillabo

Reaction score
I'm a moron to start. I did a partial mash. Started with 4 lbs 2 row. In 2 gallons of water. Ended with 3.25 gallons off 1.035 wort after my spage. Added another 4lbs LME. And ended with 4 gallons. Will add another gallon. After it cools to take my OG.
My main question is how do I find out my efficiency. I used a turkey pan with holes and poored. 170f water over. I feel really dumb admitting I did this. Hope the beer is drinkable.

I'm a moron to start. I did a partial mash. Started with 4 lbs 2 row. In 2 gallons of water. Ended with 3.25 gallons off 1.035 wort after my spage. Added another 4lbs LME. And ended with 4 gallons. Will add another gallon. After it cools to take my OG.
My main question is how do I find out my efficiency. I used a turkey pan with holes and poored. 170f water over. I feel really dumb admitting I did this. Hope the beer is drinkable.

I'm not really seeing what you think the problem was.
Anyway, I'm getting 77-79% efficiency depending on the ppg of your grain. Pie man's got you covered on how to do the calculations yourself.

To me, it sounds like you identified a problem with your brew and fixed it on the fly. Well done.

You could bang those numbers into some brewing software and it'll calculate the efficiency for you. There are free options on the interwebs.

Latest posts

Back