how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2rwbxb.jpg

If the crispy cream was still open,.... but apparently they do not have the tenacity of a waffle house. So the command centers are there, probably better for them anyway,,even if only marginally.

I heard that it takes about 1 hour 45 minutes in this weather to freeze a can of Mountain Dew. But 5 gallons of hot wort....... good luck with that. :)
You have to remove a lot more heat energy to freeze (Google "latent heat of fusion") than to cool to 32°F. So, this is not a linear calculation (the wort would cool much faster than this freezing time would imply.)

Brew on :mug:

You have to remove a lot more heat energy to freeze (Google "latent heat of fusion") than to cool to 32°F. So, this is not a linear calculation (the wort would cool much faster than this freezing time would imply.)

Brew on :mug:

On top of that, if the can is sealed, it won't freeze at normal temps.

Dammit, sometimes I hate science. Can't argue. On the other hand, snow is an outstanding insulator.

Wrong again, Batman! I was out clearing furnace vent pipes in -15 degree temps this afternoon in 16-inch snow and my feet were freezing! Insulation? Bah!

:)

I literally was just arguing a few moments ago with another slug who claimed that of course global warming is a hoax because... it's cold... today... And forgive me if you agree with the other side on the topic, and if so, then I withdraw this entire statement. :D

Back