how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, it was YOU who promised ME a G. Just to keep quiet about the questionable things you did with a top-cropping yeast, while wearing bottom-cropped short pants. It was all a bit hairy for my tastes, but I'm not into trub-shaming. Whatever bubbles your airlock and all.

Second, it was a plastic handle of generic brandy that had me loving all the village weirdos. I do hope it isn't seasonal!
I can't help it, I had the perfect name for the beer picked out...
Daisy Dukes - Cerveza Bruer - Untappd

This reminds of a time my parents were sitting on a loveseat and my dad was talking about a saleswoman he worked with over the years: "she was hot. now she's old". My dear mother, who I don't think I ever saw strike another person, whomped him in his chest with the back of her open hand loud enough to hear it across the room. Heck, someone halfway down the hall would've asked what happened.

I didn't take a picture of it to share, unfortunately, but at work (medical device manufacturing) there's always the desire for things to be labeled. For a very long time the trash cans were labeled as trash dispensers. It took a few times with the lean coordinator to explain to them that those things were perhaps receptacles, but definitely not dispensers. Thankfully the labels came off altogether, it sank in that some things were just so obvious they didn't require them.

I didn't take a picture of it to share, unfortunately, but at work (medical device manufacturing) there's always the desire for things to be labeled. For a very long time the trash cans were labeled as trash dispensers. It took a few times with the lean coordinator to explain to them that those things were perhaps receptacles, but definitely not dispensers. Thankfully the labels came off altogether, it sank in that some things were just so obvious they didn't require them.
My company went all in on lean about 15-20 years ago. I had just started working on the presses and they had the day shift operator label everything. Literally everything. And thats how I found out he couldn't spell.
"Siscors" and "Lopue" made my eye twitch... My favorite label was for the phone. It wasn't labeled where the phone should be (like it moves anyways....) but the phone itself was labeled.

In the category of misunderstood lyrics... my son was about 3 and I was driving him home from daycare and he suddenly asked, "Who is Big Ole Jed?".
I said, "What??" and he said, "That song says Big Ole Jed had a light on". Then I realized we were listening to Steve Miller sing, " Big ole jet airliner...". Now I hear it the Jed way every time it comes on.

Last edited:
In the category of misunderstood lyrics... my son was about 3 and I was driving him home from daycare and he suddenly asked, "Who is Big Ole Jed?".
I said, "What??" and he said, "That song says Big Ole Jed had a light on". Then I realized we were listening to Steve Miller sing, " Big ole jet airliner...". Now I hear it the Jed way every time it comes on.

the wife heard "we gonna jam at the lighthouse"

Back