how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F1pxLfzXwAAO2ZL.png

Nothing weird. I’m a human that pees and poops. Places to conduct business aren’t always conveniently located.
I wasn’t thinking weird things, just that in most places public restrooms aren’t too difficult to find. I’m old enough to remember pay toilets in some places. Glad they have been left behind.

I’m old enough to remember pay toilets in some places.

Please tell me you're joking. I can't think of a worse idea.

I get that some places have restrooms for customers only, but I can't imagine having to insert coin to open a stall door or something like that.

Please tell me you're joking. I can't think of a worse idea.

I get that some places have restrooms for customers only, but I can't imagine having to insert coin to open a stall door or something like that.
Nope, no joke. The worst part was the pay stalls were not any cleaner than a free public potty. Had to have a few dimes for pay phones and sometimes for the toilet.

I am of an age where pay toilets in the USA were part of my experience. I definitely remember having to drop a dime in the lock works of a stall door in a men's room off the grand hall in Union Station, DC. Blessedly I can't remember running into that paradigm since then...

Cheers!

I wasn’t thinking weird things, just that in most places public restrooms aren’t too difficult to find.

I guess you have not been around here much. What passes for towns here have plenty of cheezy gift shops, over priced lobster rolls, and touristas looking for a place to discharge.

I guess you have not been around here much. What passes for towns here have plenty of cheezy gift shops, over priced lobster rolls, and touristas looking for a place to discharge.
Or maybe you haven’t gotten off that island much to know how. the rest of us live? 😉

I am of an age where pay toilets in the USA were part of my experience. I definitely remember having to drop a dime in the lock works of a stall door in a men's room off the grand hall in Union Station, DC. Blessedly I can't remember running into that paradigm since then...

Cheers!
Pay toilets are all over in Europe. Especially at McDonald's and other fastfood restaurants. Even in malls it's common. You pay some money to go through a turnstile into the bathroom.

In the country I live sometimes there's a person collecting the money at certain public toilets.

Back