Hot Mulled Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcoote

Reaction score
Just bottled about two cases of cyser (nothing fancy--just apple juice, honey, and yeast). It tastes pretty decent, but not as good as I'd hoped and it probably wouldn't be my first choice of beverage considering the amount of other homebrews I still have sitting around. I'm thinking maybe serving it hot and mulled with something (spices, raisins, etc.) might help it out a good deal.

Anyone have any good suggestions/recipes for mulling cyser?

Thanks in advance! :mug:

1st off I'd say let that cyser age for a year or two. It might turn out to be much better than you think. If you want to drink it hot & mulled, there are several mulling spice mixes on the market to choose from. Most will contain cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, etc...

Some will also have anise, cardamom, black pepper corns, wintergreen, sassafras, assorted dried berries and/or flowers. You can mull that hot cyser with (per serving) a cinnamon stick, a tablespoon of dark brown sugar, a pinch of ginger, nutmeg, cloves, lemon and/or orange zest, and maybe a shot of brandy or rum. Makes for a very pleasant way to warm up on a winter evening.
Regards, GF.

1st off I'd say let that cyser age for a year or two. It might turn out to be much better than you think. If you want to drink it hot & mulled, there are several mulling spice mixes on the market to choose from. Most will contain cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, etc...

Some will also have anise, cardamom, black pepper corns, wintergreen, sassafras, assorted dried berries and/or flowers. You can mull that hot cyser with (per serving) a cinnamon stick, a tablespoon of dark brown sugar, a pinch of ginger, nutmeg, cloves, lemon and/or orange zest, and maybe a shot of brandy or rum. Makes for a very pleasant way to warm up on a winter evening.
Regards, GF.
Good answer GF. I'd have suggested just waiting until autumn and then pick up one of those generic mulling spice packs and following the instructions :)

Regards, GF.

Thanks! It's actually already over a year old. I let it bulk age for quite a while. Those spices sound delicious, and I'm definitely gonna try adding a little rum or brandy.

Latest posts

Back