Hose Connection and Faucet Acces on Utility Sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffm33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a utility sink in the basement that I hook my RV water line hose to for filling my kettle. I like to keep it hooked up most of the time because it's easier to clean my equipment that way.

I want to be able to use the faucet as well so need some type of splitter. Would something like this work? Description says it's lead free and the reviewers say they use it for potable water.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/OUTBACKTUF/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Anyone doing something similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need to do some "plumbing" and insert a T with a suitable spigot into the line, before the faucet, to connect your hose to. Or build a 2-way manifold above the sink. Again, with some plumbing skill usually not that hard to do.

I'd stay away from that product you linked to, there are a ton of complaints of early failure. Looks like it was made to be "Seen on TV."

Me. I actually don't use one on the faucet. I put a GH adapted to a female camlock at the end on the hose. Then have a male camlock on a spray head. That pops off quickly and can connect the hose to fittings on th kettle. I have a male/male connector if I need to connect to a female camlock such a flushing a hose. Just got a male camlock to liquid balllock post fitting to flush out tap lines.

Latest posts

Back