Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadal

Reaction score
hey folks, I grew a fair amount of Cascade and Chinook hops this year so I was thinking I might use both in a black ipa, will these hops compliment each other? I'll just ad that when I was in Australia last week I brought back a pound of pride of ringwood and a heap of hops from new zealand to try out so If there is anything outstanding I'll post the results. Has anyone used polaris hops? its 21,3% aa.......
:drunk:

I've heard of polaris, but haven't used them. Cascade and Chinook compliment each other really well, Chinook in the bittering and Cascade for flavor and aroma. I've used that combination many times.

No worries, I'll first wort hop and late addition the hell out of it.
FWH 1 oz chinook
20min 1 oz cascade, 1 oz chinook
15min 1 oz cascade, 1 oz chinook
10min 1 oz cascade, 1 oz chinook
05min 1 oz cascade, 1 oz chinook

I bought a pound of 5 different NZ hops from midwest when they introduced them on sale. I used .5oz super alpha hop for bittering in a pm pale ale. motueka & pacifica for flavor/aroma. Just got it in the fermenter last evening.

Latest posts

Back