Hops setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pvc cross member on top is never going to hold the weight of those vines when they are full grown.

For the $325 +shipping that this would cost, I think there are much better solutions out there. A local garden supply near me sells hop plants in half a 55 gallon barrel with a 16' 4x4 sticking out of one side, with twine running down to the opposites side of the barrel. seems to work great for around $20 a plant.

I just don't get it 200 and supply your own PVC? I like the barrel idea. I bet he sells a few. Where in NYC? I am from Looooonnng Island orig. Valley Stream.

I'm actually no where near NYC. I live in Steuben County, roughly 250 miles west of NYC on Rt. 86(old Rt. 17). 50 miles south of Rochester. I've never even been to NYC.

We are pretty rural, farming community. That's why I list myself as being no where near NYC, people that have never been to New York state can't imagine that it can be as rural as where I live. We literally need to drive 22 miles, one way, to the nearest supermarket.

Upstate is beautiful, I almost moved there but somehow ended up here in PA. I needed more for 250k than a 60 x 100 ft lot on LI.. I read your location wrong, getting old without coffee sucks.

I'm only about 4 hours to Harrisburg. We go there every couple years to the sportsman's show. Real similar to where I'm from.

Are you looking to expand your farm, or did you just find that set up and think it was odd?

I would call it a farm et I guess. Just 4 acres. put In some in after my neighbor an I started some for home brewing and had a ton of people stop by to trade home brew or buy hops, Kind of weird in a way we are at the end of a dead end. Here I am now.

Back