Hops in dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msppilot

Reaction score
I just keg-ed an IPA and am sucking a lot of hops into the dip tube. I know I have a lot of the hop sediment in the bottom of the keg and this may be an ongoing issue. Does anyone have a suggestions on how to reduce/eliminate this problem? I fear that this problem will persist with this batch. Thanks for any suggestions.

I've reversed the connections and blown CO2 down the dip tube. Doesn't always work when hops are deep. Have siphoned/pushed beer to new keg also. Use dry hop bag and remove within 5-7 days next time. If keg is travelling, I always try to xfer to fresh keg after cold crash prior to carbing.

Dito what Hoppity says. I have transferred to another keg with an Out to Out jumper and CO2 push. I have had to remove the poppit valve as well as the guts out of the connector to get flow a few times. i have learned my lesson and now contain my hops in bags or SS containers. I would cold crash first and give it a try. Good luck.

Back