Hope Scale Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the "Threatened by Competitor" scale and I love it. The backlit display is easy to read and it goes down to .01 ounce in measurements. I hated that my last scale would go from .25 to .30 to .35

I have the one that they call a "Top Find: that costs around $9.50. It's an awesome deal because it does everything I need. Because of its range from grams to 12 lbs, I use it to weigh all my grain and hops, and my wife uses it for postage weighing. It's quite accurate and auto-offs so you never have to worry about leaving it on and running down the batteries. And best of all it uses AAA batteries so dirt cheap if I ever have to replace them, which I haven't yet, and have had it for like 2 years.

The only down side is it's small so the plate or bowl you tare on top can cover the display, but you can just slide it back until you get a look, and the display isn't back lit (which saves on batteries).

Back