Hop plant dificiencies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhilGood

Reaction score
hey guys i noticed on my hop plants there seems to be some deficiencies and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I took a few pictures of leaves from three plants, cascade, centennial and williamette. There seems to be multiple deficiencies, the pale yellowish leaves I would guess is nitrogen, and the other spotty leaves I am unsure of.

image-2872486706.jpg

image-1770634942.jpg

image-1190090409.jpg

People grow hops in Staten Island? Are you feeding them at all? I use Miracle gro tomato food once a week and side dress with compost every couple weeks. I couldn't tell you what your deficiancy is, but that feeding plan helped me grow 25 foot long bines. If you wanna come by and check them out, lemme know.

Look at this guy. Yea I was using techno flora fertilizer every couple of weeks and I just dressed some compost on top the other day. I guess we will see how it is in a few weeks. Are you getting any flowers yet?

I have a ton of burrs but no cones yet. Great Lakes Hops said when the temp is above 90, some hops will stop forming cones. That makes sense since its been above 90 lately. I started getting a lot of bug damage so i trimmed off the bottom 3 feet of leaves and it seemed to help. Now i'll get a couple leaves that yellow throughout the plant. The rest looks healthy so I don't really do any other maintenance except for spraying with neem oil once in awhile and feeding. I also mix fertilizer in a spray bottle and spray down all the leaves. The plant looks like its doing well so I try to mess with it as little as possible. Come by and check it out if you want.

Back