Hop Infused Beard Oil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife got me some stuff from this shop for Xmas: Wild Rose Herbs

To be honest, conditioner was what really helped keep it soft though, more than any beard wash or beard oil.

Difference between what? I just mean standard hair conditioner. Like shampoo and conditioner.

Difference between beard conditioner and beard oil. Did a quick search but didn't see anything

Hey, Sorry for late reply ..

A fully equipped beardsmen should have both beard oil as well as beard conditioner nearby.
Beard oil moisturizes and hydrates beard hair whereas beard conditioner softens and repairs damaged hairs..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199217...age=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Anyone used this stuff? I have always had a beard but, am going to commit growing it out. To keep my beautiful wife happy I want to keep it soft, saw that I could get a beard oil that smells like hops! No brainer right?

If you don't use this, what beard oil do you use?
I have never used this hop infused beard oil . Recently on my friend's recommendation I bought this Maori Ta Moko beard oil, which I liked a lot as it is fresh, creamy & sweet perfume. :)

I have never used this hop infused beard oil . Recently on my friend's recommendation I bought this Beardilizer Maori Ta Moko beard oil, which I liked a lot as it is fresh, creamy & sweet perfume. :)

So do you use this yourself? What do you think about it's conditioning? I generally just use conditioner, like when I wash my hair, but have been thinking about using a beard conditioner or maybe even oil since my hair gets so dry and starts to frizz out. I don't like a frizzy beard. I like to keep it manageable.

So do you use this yourself? What do you think about it's conditioning? I generally just use conditioner, like when I wash my hair, but have been thinking about using a beard conditioner or maybe even oil since my hair gets so dry and starts to frizz out. I don't like a frizzy beard. I like to keep it manageable.

Hey,

If this beard oil is used regularly, it will help with beard growth, conditioning, and grooming along with that it also prevents dry, flaky, itchy skin.
You can also opt for a beard cream that helps condition skin as well as facial hair. By using such beard products, You can keep your facial hair manageable.

Hey,

If this beard oil is used regularly, it will help with beard growth, conditioning, and grooming along with that it also prevents dry, flaky, itchy skin.
You can also opt for a beard cream that helps condition skin as well as facial hair. By using such beard products, You can keep your facial hair manageable.

Oh, I wasn't talking about my facial hair...

I use this because I like smelling like a Victorian cautionary tale told to wayward youth by a gruff one-eyed sailor.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0HKPS8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

814QGlOb62L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone happen to have heard anything about how one might DIY something like this? I am in Europe and have access to good and cheap unscented beard oil...and obviously, I have hops around.
I would guess mixing the stuff and heating it a bit, maybe 30°C or so, for a bit would do the trick. Then filtering. Not sure though. Will DIY, but pointers would be great.

I can´t order a hop infused variant and I can get unscented for less than 25% of the usual beard oil fare.
Currently I have the unscented for everyday and scented for when I go out. Hops though...

Anyone happen to have heard anything about how one might DIY something like this? I am in Europe and have access to good and cheap unscented beard oil...and obviously, I have hops around.
I would guess mixing the stuff and heating it a bit, maybe 30°C or so, for a bit would do the trick. Then filtering. Not sure though. Will DIY, but pointers would be great.

I can´t order a hop infused variant and I can get unscented for less than 25% of the usual beard oil fare.
Currently I have the unscented for everyday and scented for when I go out. Hops though...

http://beardoholic.com/how-to-make-beard-balm/

I don't have any pointers except to say that you'll probably want to put in way less essential oils than you think. Some guy on another forum made some and sent it to another member and the smell of peppermint was overwhelming. Also, no patchouli. That's for hippies.

Back