Homemade Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple_Jacker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad for a first attempt, and god damn it was significantly less money than buying one at a homebrew supply store!

1392945373068.jpg

Looks good.

I'd hook those ends over so they hang off the sides of your pot. You don't want water dripping into your wort if you get a leak in your hose connections. It will also take some of the heat off of your tubing.

Good job. I made my own too. The store bought ones are too pricey

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Haha I haven't actually bought Budweiser in several years. Look closer amd you'll see that is the old pull tab beer can. I unearthed it and some other old beer cans and pop bottles.

I did brew some beer Saturday night... and went on to about 1:30am Sunday. It was a Double IPA beer kit I bought at the Bells General Store when I was in Kalamazoo Michigan back in December. I didn't actually use the wort chiller I made yet because I was able to do the ice bath method to save some water usage. I want to make a second coil and purchase one of those pond pumps to rig up a closed cooling system. I have several free coolers at my disposal to have 1 coil in the ice bath, the other in the wort, and the pump connected between them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Back