Homebrewer Firestone Collaboration...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaysurfer

Former future HOF Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So a barrel that I contributed too aged on bacteria at the Firestone Walker Barrelworks facility (all their sours, blended and premium barrels are made here) in Buelton, turned out awesome. They want to serve it at their Slolambic release in 2 weeks. If any of you make it come say hello. I'm the gray beard on the right:

http://instagram.com/p/u36jh2j9yB/

Racked into the barrel exactly 1 year ago. We kept the dregs and are going to do a 2nd batch in the same barrel. :rockin:

Sorry I don't know how embed that photo. If any HBTers are going to be at the Slolambic release, hit me up! I'll be there serving the beer, or drinking it, or both maybe. :)

^ we were talking about that one too. It was delicious btw. One of the Falcons shared a bottle at our club meeting. In this pic it looks like I'm a member of Valley Brewers, but in reality I'm a Santa Barbeerian. We're the 2nd oldest club in CA as close as any of us can figure...some of our members were originally Falcons who moved north.

This club (from the barrel collab) is the Santa Ynez Valley Club, the Valley Brewers. Great brewers, great peeps. The bald guy in the pics owns an LHBS in Solvang. We Barbeerians have a sour opal like beer going in a barrel there right now. That one is still a couple months out, but it's apparently getting all kinds of funky.

Let me know when you're in the area Chemman, even if you miss the release. I did get to take a couple gallons home with me of the Flanders, so there's always a chance you can try it that way.

Back