Homebrew Keg Transport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCougfan97

Reaction score
I am pouring all my own beer for our wedding in a few weeks. I am about to move the beer to the corny kegs. Can I transport full and carbonated corny keg without hurting the beer? or would it be best to just bottle all the beer and store it in coolers.

It'll transport fine. You'll kick up sediment so if you can transport it early so it has some time top settle it's better. Alternatively, you can push it under pressure from the first keg into a new keg, leaving the sediment behind. Then it'll be fine to move out about.

That's my plan for my upcoming wedding anyway!

Should I carbonate in my kegerator or keep it at room temp until the day of the wedding?
(I am Wondering if I need to keep it cold in the roughly 24 hours it will be in between my kegerator and an ice bath at the wedding venue.).

Should I carbonate in my kegerator or keep it at room temp until the day of the wedding?
(I am Wondering if I need to keep it cold in the roughly 24 hours it will be in between my kegerator and an ice bath at the wedding venue.).

Carb it up first so it will stay nice and carbed up and ready. I'd probably do that cold, so it has time to clear and be ready and do some cold conditioning.

You don't have to keep it cold the whole time, but if you can chill it a couple of days before, it will help with ensuring that there is no foaming at the wedding- beer that isn't entirely chilled seems to foam much more readily than beer that is properly chilled first.

If you can transport them the night/day before that will give them some time to settle down after the car ride and not pour so crazy/sedimenty. Ask the venue if you can store them in one of their walk-ins (if they do food, they probably have enough space for your kegs). And what Yooper said, a few days being cold will help a lot with clearing and proper carbing.

A cold keg doesn't take very long to clear after getting sloshed around, I let mine sit for maybe 30min and it's good to go. If you draw the first pint before transport, then so much the better.

Latest posts

Back