Homebrew club event questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomzilla

Reaction score
As a representative of my homebrew club, I've approached the organizers of a barbeque/beer tasting event about allowing our homebrew club to participate in the event. I proposed that we host a homebrew competition between ourselves and a couple other clubs in the area as well has putting on a homebrew demonstration for the public. The beer tasting is open to the public, however since we don't have a brewers license we cant serve to the public. The same goes for the barbeque competition which we were disappointed to learn last year. We are trying to make this more accessible to the public but so far the only interaction with the public that this event offers is the beer tasting from the breweries and the homebrew demonstration. Does anyone have any suggestions about ways we can involve the public more?

Maybe have several of the club members do some brewing on sight, stagger out the brewing where a new batch is started every hour or two, do some extract and all grain brews.. This way people can see the process and how it is not that hard to do. Have grains and hops laid out so people can see, touch, taste what goes into a beer. If I seen how easy brewing is to get started I would have started a long time ago.

Back