Holiday packaging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrheinous

Reaction score
I spent quite a deal of time bottling four 4-packs of for Xmas. Most of these recipes were adapted or vetted on HBT so thank you for the help!

QkFEmgz.png

Peanut butter porter, southern English brown ale, cinnamon/nutmeg Deception Cream stout, and a schwarzbier

First time with bottling wax and it went alright. A 1/2 pint jar that I got from Amish country or somewhere gives the benefit of limiting how far you can dip the bottle down - it'll sit on the edge of the jar with the cap about a 1/2 inch from the bottom. That might not be useful but it will stop the wax from getting too far down the bottle.

Labels are down on plain white paper. 3.5" x 3.5" labels work well. I painted up the front of each first with Modge Podge and then the back. The first side you paint will dry/absorb into the paper quickly and if it's the bottle side then it might peel up. Smooth down the paper and work out the bubbles with a finger covered in the glue and it'll seal the paper against water. The coated label seems pretty durable and secure now.

What's everyone else's Xmas offerings looking like?

It's based on a recipe Briess has under an ad for blackprinz malt. I had a very good local schwarzbier that got me interested in the style. Some liberties were taken by using what I had in stock.

5.25G, ended up an OG of 1.055 (81% efficiency) probably due to the decoction

7# Maris Otter
2.5# Munich 10L
8oz Blackprinz
2oz Chocolate Wheat
24 IBU Styrian Aurora

75 min mash at 152F using a triple decoction to maintain the mash temperature. Each decoction pulled was heated to 158F for 5 min, then heated to boiling (~5 min), and boiled for 5 min.
-Pull 2qts at 15 min, add back at 30
-Pull 2qts at 30 min, add back at 45
-Put 4qts at 45 min, add back at 75F for mash out

San Fran Lager Yeast

I did six packs for some gifts. 2 each of Apple Cider, Holly Ale and Moose Drool clone.

We bought some costume caps with my brewery logo on them. Used chalkboard tape for the labels. Then we got some white 6 pack holders from northern brewer and my wife used her cricket(cuts out designs on paper) and made a design for the white holders

Those good great! Nice job. I want to do something like this next year.

I have some swing top bottles I'm going to put my Xmas Cheer Beer in. I have a simple label for them too. I have a pretty limited supply of the beer so I'm only handing out a few bottles to my friends who truly love beer.

Many thanks. I've loved schwazbier since the first time I had one and only now have the ability to lager.

I've heard of schwarzbiers that can be done as ales.

Swingtops, especially those cobalt blue ones, are pretty handy all on their own. I lend them out to a few friends who stop by often.

Latest posts

Back