High alcohol brew... Bottle conditioning help or advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danieljhb

Reaction score
Hey all

Brewed a wierd failed ginger lemon lime cider , that has turned into a ginger wine
16%plus brew.
After a few weeks in secondary. Definitely no gas production left. Dead flat and boozy.

Mixed a batch with some off the shelf lemon lime fruit drink (preservative free)
Tastes not bad . Just would love to bottle carbonate the brew?
Anyone know if pitching some active yeast slurry into each bottle would work? I know the alcohol content would be high enough to kill the yeast quite quickly .
But would there be enough co2 produced to carbonate the mix?
Thinking either 330ml bottles or standard 440ml

Thanks again

Daniel

This is when i wonder if something like high Spirits Turbo 48 would do the trick. I guess it all depends on how much sugar is left, but it goes to 18% in 5-7 days......

Lalvin Champagne Yeast (EC-1118 ) might work also maybe make a yeast/priming sugar mix to carb to the levels you want...

It might also just be my paranoia, but I would put the bottles in a rubbermaid container, or something similar just in case you get a bottle bomb..

i second the EC-1118, I thought it died around 16%, but the files on it say 18%, so that would be a much better choice..

Back