HI from Jersey..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew93

Reaction score
Hey folks new on the forum. I'm from Jersey. (Don't hold it against me I was born in NY)
Anyhow. This is my first batch recipe and experience:
10 small apples cored, Boiled in water with ¼ cup honey
Added some cinnamon
Used a hand mixer to mix the whole thing up.
Pitched yeast at about 90 degrees farenheit after letting them warm at around that temp for 20 minutes

Waited like 10 days. Added some more sugar and waited like another 5 or so.
Strained it. let it settle again. added ginger, and some more cinamon

It was pretty good straight
I carbonated it with a soda stream and added some more sugar before bottling.

I know I jumped the gun major on not waiting longer to let it settle and clear. I was impatient.. what should I say.

Here's my question:

I am told that adding cinamon and honey to the original brew while fermenting was bad because it would kill the yeast. IS that true?

Hey folks new on the forum. I'm from Jersey. (Don't hold it against me I was born in NY)
Anyhow. This is my first batch recipe and experience:
10 small apples cored, Boiled in water with ¼ cup honey and some cinnamon

Used a hand mixer to mix the whole thing up.
Pitched yeast at about 90 degrees farenheit after letting them warm at around that temp for 20 minutes

Waited like 10 days. Added some more sugar and waited like another 5 or so.
Strained it. let it settle again. added ginger, and some more cinamon

It was pretty good straight
I carbonated it with a soda stream and added some more sugar before bottling.

I know I jumped the gun major on not waiting longer to let it settle and clear. I was impatient.. what should I say.

Here's my question:

I am told that adding cinamon and honey to the original brew while fermenting was bad because it would kill the yeast. IS that true?

Last edited:
Also this was really cool. - after I strained teh fruit mash that was left over my kid took teh mash mixed witha lot of sugar and vanilla sugar and made fruit tarts from it. (I was thinking pot brownies in a different way.. lol)

Back