Hi from CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooksbrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Brooks here. Long time reader of the forum. Thanks for all the info. Haven't been brewing much in the past 2 years since my daughter was born but plan on stepping it up a little if possible. I've recently been interested in trying split batch brewing so that I can really hone in on the exact malts, hops, and yeast that I prefer in beers - its rekindled my passion for the hobby for sure

Hi Ayzala and Gunkleneil!

Gunkleneil, do you use a local homebrew store? Since maltose express closed and stomp & crush is going to (or already has) closed, it looks like there just aren't any left anywhere near where I live (between hartford and new haven). I use online quite a bit, but its nice to be able to pick up something I forgot to order or pick up more common items.

And there is another in Hartford called Phantom Brewing Supply. It's just off the highway, near the airport. It's kind of small, but good for general items. However the location is great, right next to an Airgas if you need co2. I usually get my grains on line as well, the selection in the LHBS's is just not that great in CT. Unfortunately.

Welcome! I'm in Plantsville. Brew and Wine Hobby in East Hartford is probably the closest to you.

As for Brew Clubs, I'm in Brew Haven. Really good group of guys. We do monthly meetings at breweries from the New Haven area up to Counterweight, now in Cheshire. We talk beer, share beer, drink beer. We also pour around the state at various festivals.

There is another one. Zok's in Willimantic. But that's probably a bit out of the way for you. I keep forgetting about the one in Hartford. Haven't heard much about it either way.

Back