Hi everybody

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesperP

Reaction score
This is my first post here in this forum, but i have been reading quite a few post on this forum through my short career as a homebrewer...

I have started my first lager beer, as i had the conditions for the fermentation in my cellar this time of year. It has been fermenting for 7 days today, when i found that the airlock had stopped bubbling. I took a density measurement and it was at 1.015(OG was 1.061), so it seems that the beer is close to finishing. I though it would take a little longer and i had planned to take it to my living room for a diacetyl rest in the end of the primary fermentation.

my question is if it will still be effective to take it to my living room for a few days.

I was thinking about pitching a small amount of DME solution to start the fermentation up again at room temperature to make the yeast active for diacetyl rest, is this nescessary or should i just forget about the diacetyl rest? :)

Thanks
Jesper

I would just move it now. Chances are the yeast is still active, but very slow. They will speed the clean up process if moved to a warmer environment.

Back