Hi, All!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeeter686

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm Brian. Been brewing for a couple years. Started with a couple extract kits and have been almost exclusively all-grain (BIAB) for the last couple dozen batches. Right now, I'm investigating options to get better temperature control during mashing. HERMS seems interesting.

Welcome aboard Brian! I started with extract, went to BIAB and now brewing All-In-One.

For temp control, I started with a chest freezer and just recently purchased a glycol chiller. There are so many rabbit holes to go down.

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor! I've also been investigating a way to better control mash temp. Right now a false bottom has my interest. Let us know what you decide and how well it works for you. Cheers!

Controlling fermentation temperature was my first big project. Although, I'm now worrying about whether I'm getting precise measurement of the actual wort or just the ambient temperature!

You mentioned rabbit holes! 😄

But yeah, next project is to control the mash.

Back