Hey there!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherFinch

Reaction score
Well, a little while back, my cousin and I decided that booze was costing too much to buy, so we figured that we might try making some hobo wine. Naturally, being as OCD as I am, I spent hours on end just researching and researching, and quickly fell in love with the process of brewing, long before even starting. Hell, I've even worked out a recipe I'd like to try come time to start brewing my own beer.

A day or two after making the decision to start brewing wine (it seemed to be the simplest of brewing processes and I love wine), we headed out to brew supply store here in Virginia and picked up an Ale Pail, some ingredients, and the usual basic tools.

With barely any money left, and being extremely eager to start brewing, I took five-gallons of distilled water and a couple pounds of sugar home with me and whipped together a quick batch of... flavourless hooch (I figured I could add some Kool-Aid later on for flavour). Only problem is, after it finished brewing... it tasted like crap, so I chucked the five gallons down the drain.

Just about half an hour ago, I started my second brew, this time using five-gallons of Apple Juice to make some (hopefully) decent apfelwein. And here I am...

Apfelwein is tasty. Before I joined HBT I hadn't had any previous cider taste, but I made some apfelwein anyway cause of the ease of making it and the overwelming popularity here at HBT. It has turned out great. I doubt you'll regret it.

Hooch really isn't worth messing with. I'd stick with the beer, wine, and cider.:mug:

Latest posts

Back