HELP! Yeast Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialp

Reaction score
So I brewed last night a english-style brown ale, everything went swimmingly... until I completely forgot that I did NOT order yeast. I finished my wort, combined into a carboy with the cold water and put a sanitation lock on it to prevent any contamination. Today I'm going to be stopping by my local homebrew store so I can get some yeast. Will this change/affect the outcome of the beer if the yeast is not added within a certain time frame after boiling wort? Please help! :confused::confused:

A little irrelevant to yeast but I've been reading around and it seems that some people like to strain the hops out before putting the wort into a carboy for fermentation, and other people leave the hops in during fermentation and strain prior to bottling. Is this based on preference? Or is there a strategic move behind this?

A little irrelevant to yeast but I've been reading around and it seems that some people like to strain the hops out before putting the wort into a carboy for fermentation, and other people leave the hops in during fermentation and strain prior to bottling. Is this based on preference? Or is there a strategic move behind this?

If you are planning to use the yeast for multiple batches and styles it makes it easier to clean the yeast or if you don't clean the yeast it is a lower liklihood the taste of the last beers hop schedule will be dominant in the next brew you use it in.

Washing is optimal but not always done.

Back