Help with High Heat Tubing over SS fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello

Reaction score
I have a long piece of high heat tubing that can't attached to an elbow and a Camlock from Brew Hardware. The tube was way too long so I cut it and now I can't get the tube back over the elbow. I tried very hot water, I tried a little bit of vegetable oil, I tried to do it dry, and each method has destroyed my knuckles and definitely not got the tube over the fitting. I don't know what to do and I can't brew today if I can't figure it out.

Any help is really appreciated. All I know is the tubing shipped with the fittings already attached. So it must fit again.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440344781.257341.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440344795.980234.jpg

My google fu in my temper tantrum state didn't find it quickly enough. It's probably on his darn site! I got it now, but oh boy, what a pain.

Thanks girl.

I'm getting ready to order that tubing (and the camlocks and fittings) myself, that's why I had it handy.

I hope it went on ok for you- I have a huge blister on my left index finger now myself from trying to force 3/16" beerline on a friends MFL disconnect without the barb fitting. He ordered the wrong thing, and I didn't have any other way to connect it at his house about 3 hours away from me and no homebrew store.

So I'm leery of new tubing and connections myself.

I'm getting ready to order that tubing (and the camlocks and fittings) myself, that's why I had it handy.

I hope it went on ok for you- I have a huge blister on my left index finger now myself from trying to force 3/16" beerline on a friends MFL disconnect without the barb fitting. He ordered the wrong thing, and I didn't have any other way to connect it at his house about 3 hours away from me and no homebrew store.

So I'm leery of new tubing and connections myself.

It eventually did. Holding that elbow in my hand and having it slip each time resulted in a couple bruised knuckles. It eventually went on and I walked away a victor.

Thank goodness for Bobby_M and his use of the hose clamps that we can reuse. There are those ones that are clamped and not screwed in to tighten and I don't think you can reuse those. I too am about to order a pump kit from him for my second pump, hoses being as long as they are, I figured I would be doing this at least two other times.

I appreciate the help and the video.

I have been waking up every night at 3 AM, no matter how tired I am, and unable to fall back asleep. So last night, instead of falling asleep, I ran through my mind how my tubing is going to go and how many elbows I need.

For some reason, I convinced myself I need 3 elbows, and an extra length of tubing, but then I did fall back asleep around 5 AM and now I can't remember why I convinced myself of the need for 3 elbows. :drunk:

Getting older sucks sometimes.

As long as the element is covered you're fine. That's one of the problems though for larger kettles with smaller batches for sure.

Latest posts

Back