Help with furnace valves!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm building a single tier brew stand roughly based on Lonnie's design and I have ran into a problem. I would much rather use furnace gas valves for the obvious reason of being much safer in that they will not open if the pilot fails. The only problem is, I don't know where to get them. I see a bunch of older threads on here saying that they run about $60 for the valve itself and $80 for the whole setup. My questions are, is that accurate and if so, where do I find the valves?? Thanks guys!

There are numerous sources for gas valves. $80 - $90 sounds about right for the complete setup. You can run a query on google after you find the valve you want and come up with the lowest price.

A few sources are grainger.com, pexsupply.com, ebay.com amazon.com and google shopping. I've had good success with grainger and pexsupply.

Don't forget the pilot burner, pilot burner tubing and thermocouple.

By the way I'm using a 23 jet burner if that makes a difference.
Make sure you get a low pressure (.5 psi) regulator prior to the propane entering the gas valve.

Latest posts

Back