Help wiring pc fan for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipefighter

Reaction score
Hello I am having trouble wiring my fans I bought for my keezer. I bought 2 and can seem to get either to work with info on net. One is 3 wire no colors I can get fan to light up but not spin . 4 wire fan I get nothing nothing .I'm using a 12v old cell charger with 2 wires

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Home Brew mobile app

1393974313696.jpg

For the four-wire fan, all you need is the Black wire and the Red Wire. The other two are probably just for sensing and speed control.

• Connect the Red wire to the positive terminal of the cell charger
  • Connect the Black wire to the negative terminal of the cell charger

On the unlabeled three-wire fan, i would look closely to see if there are any identifying marks that you didn't see. Once again, you only need two wires.

When I hooked my LED fan up with reverse polarity (on accident), my LED would give a flash of light but not stay on. When I reversed the leads, the light stayed on and the fan began to spin.

I am twisting the wires together and getting nothing is that enough or does it need to be soldered ? And on the 3 wire like I said light comes on but won't turn

I have no clue, but does the charger allow enough amps to start the fan? If you have a spare wall adapter (9 or 12 volt), cut that and use it to see if it powers your fans. One wire from the wall adapter will have white dashes or lines, this one is the positive lead. Attach that one to the red wire and the other to the black.

I am twisting the wires together and getting nothing is that enough or does it need to be soldered ? And on the 3 wire like I said light comes on but won't turn

Could you post a picture - how exactly you did it?

Back