Help w/ kegerator question!! thanks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnskiinvt

Reaction score
I'm planning on purchasing a dual tap kegco k309 kegerator. Does anyone have one or something similar? How do you like it?

Also, I'm looking into a couple of NEW ball lock corny kegs. I've got my eye on the Draft Brewer Flex Keg System from Northern (or Midwest) and it comes with a double body regulator. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/b...regulator.html

QUESTION: how often do those of you with dual tap kegerators use or wish you had a double body reg. to carb at 2 different pressures?? Is it THAT handy to have, or should I just save the extra money and use the regulator that the kegerator comes with (double gauge w/ y splitter)?

thanks folks!

Can't help you with the kegerator question, however I can tell you that there have been limited times when I wish I had the dual regulator for pressurizing and serving at different psi's. But most of the time, with the beers I brew, I set to around 12-14psi and forget about it.

The only time I ever needed a regulator for a very different pressures was when I also had soda on tap that was being pressurized at 30+Psi. I don't usually make or serve soda any more so that eliminates that headache.

One nice thing about being able to control two different pressures is when you're wanting to force carb a keg.

I set it to 36PSI for 30 hours and then bump it down to serving pressure and purge the excess. The keg is usually pretty well carbed up in about 2-3 days vs. 2 weeks if you set it and forget it.

If you can do it, then I would do the dual regulator. I have a two tap kegerator and used the y-splitter for years. One tap is for a commerical keg and the other homebrew. I switched to a dual regulator about a year ago and wish I had done that from the beginning. Solves a lot of the PSI, foaming issues I had.

I love my Kegco K309-2. The only thing I would have done differently is get the 3-tap version.

Lately I've been keeping a slim quarter barrel keg of Yuengling and a corny of my homebrew in it, and I REALLY wish I had the option of two different pressures. It seems that when I have the Yuengling pouring nicely my homebrew comes out at a trickle and tends to stay undercarbed. When the homebrew is pouring nicely and is well carbed the Yuengling is crazy foamy. I'd like the option of lower pressure for the sankey keg and higher for the corny.

I'd also like the option of force carbing without having to take the commercial keg off the gas.

Latest posts

Back