Help tuning SYL 2362

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclonebeer

Reaction score
I have a new electric single vessel system which has a SYL 2362 PID. I've run auto tune multiple times, and it gives me consistent values for P,d,I, & SouF. These values always overshoot SV by about 3.5 degrees before stabilizing at SV during subsequent hot water trials. Hot water trials (and auto tuning) are always run with 8.5 gallons of water with an initial temp of 72, SV = 152, and pump recirculating.

If anybody has a similar setup, could you share your values of P,d,I, & SouF? I have been adjusting the same manually and have had no luck nor have I been able to identify any sort of trends. Frustrating stuff.

Thanks

I have a new electric single vessel system which has a SYL 2362 PID. I've run auto tune multiple times, and it gives me consistent values for P,d,I, & SouF. These values always overshoot SV by about 3.5 degrees before stabilizing at SV during subsequent hot water trials. Hot water trials (and auto tuning) are always run with 8.5 gallons of water with an initial temp of 72, SV = 152, and pump recirculating.

If anybody has a similar setup, could you share your values of P,d,I, & SouF? I have been adjusting the same manually and have had no luck nor have I been able to identify any sort of trends. Frustrating stuff.

Thanks
Have you tried Giving aubrins a call and getting support from them? You paid for it might as well use it right?

Tried that. Auber has a homebrewing forum. Questions are answered by what I assume to be Tech Reps. They suggested running auto tune with an offset of 20 (factory default is 10). That made no difference.

Curious, is it really overshooting by 3.5 degrees or does it only shoot up that high for moments while attempting to "stabilize" the temps of the entire mass? if it was it would take a while to come back down to SV..

Yeah, it overshoots by +/- 3.5 degrees, then takes its sweet time getting back down to SV. I haven't timed how long it takes to get down to SV, but I'd guess that it's in the 5 minute range or so. Once it stabilizes around SV, it stays within +/- 0.5 degrees - which is great. I just want to reduce the overshoot as much as possible. Auto tune is not getting the job done for me.

Thanks

I'm assuming your temp prob is located in the outlet plumbing ?

Hopefully someone here more knowledgable on the auber units can help. I use the mypin TD4 units and do not have this issue.. The temps will momentarily jump over the set point but only for a matter or seconds... I have autotuned mine as well.

I used to use a really low "I" value of 1 and a low "D" value too but I dont remember what it was.. that worked well too

Ran another hot water test last night. Had SV = 152. Put a stop watch on it. Started the timer when PV ramped up to and equalled SV. It took 3 min for the temp to rise from 152 to a peak of 156. It then took another 9 minutes for the temp to drop from the peak of 156 back down to SV of 152. I cant live with that. Babysitting a PID is more than boring.

No. Port for RTD is about 1 inch above bottom of kettle.

Is it possible your prob is fairly close to your element?
This could have and impact on your temp reading differential!
Do you have a picture of your setup? My prob is located in the
outlet of the HLT. If your circulating doing the tests then its probably
something else!

Latest posts

Back