Help please Beginer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amfukuda

Reaction score
Hi Iv been brewing beer for awhile and want to try my hand at making cider after trying a leprechaun pomegranate cider. My question is if I wanted to make one of my own do I use both pomegranate and apples or just pomegranate. Any help would be great

I would make the cider, and add the pomegranate juice to taste before bottling. More than one way to skin it tho, that's the beauty of homebrew.

fermented pomegranate tastes like a berry wine or a foxy red. If you want true to pomegranate flavor on top of cider, I'd do as snuesen says.

make a simple cider--juice, acid blend, and wine or ale yeast works fine, there are plenty of variations on this if you skim through the thread--then add Pom juice until you like the taste.

If you want a sparkling cider, you will need to bottle in beer bottles, cap, and follow Papper's pasteurization method here.

keep it simple, keep it clean, and read through some HBT posts, all should be fine.

Back