Help me select a yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrim

Reaction score
I really like using a clean, medium high attenuating American Ale yeast. I've never used WyYeast 1056, but I am very familiar with WL 001 and US 05. They are all very well suited for the American Pale Ales and Blond Ales I like to brew (They also make a damn fine Stout or Amber Ale). I don't like setting up a blowoff hose though. I have been using a regional American Ale yeast recently and it just spews everywhere. Does any have recommendations on a clean American Ale yeast that attenuates between 74-78%ish and doesn't develop too much krausen? I've also been using WyYeast 1272 and it is great but it doesn't attenuate enough for some beers I like to brew. Thanks for any advice. I did a quick search on this and didn't see ay old threads answering this question but if I missed one that answers this question please direct my attention that way.

I think you answered your own question. Wyeast 1056 is great; it meets each of the criteria you mentioned.

Latest posts

Back