help me save my beer(yeast haze)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordUlrich

Reaction score
So I have a beer in the keg partly carbonated, I poured a.couple of pints to see how it is progressing and it is real yeasty even after 4-5 pints. Now I need this beer for a party sunday so can I open the keg and add some gelitan to the partly carbonated beer? I don't have an empty keg so I can't filter. Any other options?

So I have a beer in the keg partly carbonated, I poured a.couple of pints to see how it is progressing and it is real yeasty even after 4-5 pints. Now I need this beer for a party sunday so can I open the keg and add some gelitan to the partly carbonated beer? I don't have an empty keg so I can't filter. Any other options?

Does the beer taste bad? If tastes good then relax, nothing wrong with cloudy beer. A lot of people like their beer super clear but that is only preference. If you really want it clear you can add some gelatin. Just be sure to dissolve it in hot water (160 F so its sterile), not boiling.

good european beer (in europe) is yeasty. tell them it's a european recipe. otherwise, the yeast should settle in a cold-crash

Back