Help me, help my family... Gift ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PasbitinusBluinusRibbinus

Reaction score
So, despite repeatedly insisting that I don't want or need anything for the holidays this year, my family is demanding I give them a list of things I might need for gifts. I brew w/ BIAB in a keggle, over a propane burner. I have a 5 tap keezer and fermentation fridge that both work beautifully.

What the hell do I tell them to get me if I'm happy with my system?!

So, despite repeatedly insisting that I don't want or need anything for the holidays this year, my family is demanding I give them a list of things I might need for gifts. I brew w/ BIAB in a keggle, over a propane burner. I have a 5 tap keezer and fermentation fridge that both work beautifully.

What the hell do I tell them to get me if I'm happy with my system?!

you could always use grain/hops, right?

How about these????

Guinness Vintage.jpg

Guinness.jpg

Craft Set.jpg

I say a gift certificate to your LHBS. Do you have a grain mill?

I'd say maybe a mash tun but if you're happy with your system/process I'd go with a lhbs gift card. Could always use some free ingredients!

Three best ways to improve your beer, if you don't do them:

1) Temp Control
2) Pre-fermentation Aeration/Oxygenation
3) Proper pitch rates (stir plate, etc.)

And the best, most useful gadget I own:

SS Carbonator Cap

Last edited by a moderator:
Basic brewing supplies like Starsan, DME for yeast starters, magazine subscriptions, etc.

Can't go wrong with a gift card to LHBS. It doesn't spoil and this time of year some (Midwest and Northern for example) have frequent sales where you can, for example, buy a $100 card and get an extra $25 on it.

These are a few of my favorite things....lalalala

refractometer
plate chiller
cam-connect fittings
silicone tubing
heat stick....tough to buy till Bobby M sell's them
stir plate
custom made mash paddle
custom imprinted glassware

Back